gqznhqh

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Why Do People Smoke Cigarettes?

I have often wondered why people smoke cigarettes. Why would they want to waste so much of their hard earned money on this disgusting habit, a habit which in reality is slowly killing them? To help me to understand the logic of a smoker, I have asked a couple of my friends, who have both been smoking cigarettes for most of their adult lives, to explain to me why they started to smoke all of those years ago.

For governments from around the world to be successful in the quest to get people to quit smoking they really need to understand why people smoke in the first place. It is not just a matter of raising the amount a packet of cigarettes, there are a whole number of social issues to deal with.

Its cool to smoke!

I was taken aback when my friend, whos name is John, stated that he had started smoking cigarettes because he thought that it would make him look cool. How crazy is that?

I smoke when I am feeling stressed or under pressure

My friend Paul gave me the reason that I was expecting, he stated that he smoked mainly when he was stressed or at times when he felt under pressure. Somehow these people need to learn how to deal with stress and pressure without feeling a need to smoke. This is about re-education and again breaking this habitual cycle.

I smoke to be sociable

John then came in with a comment, I like to smoke when I am out with friends, for example when we are having a few drinks in a bar, just to be sociable. Yet another bonkers comment from John. I can not think of anything more unsociable which is one of the main reasons why there is now a smoking ban in the UK.

People now have to realise that to smoke makes them an outcast. It is not cool, it is not sociable and it is very very bad for your health. It is time to start looking for the best way to quit smoking.

Stephen Hill runs The How To Stop Stammering Centre, he has a number of websites including:

stuttering treatment

debt reduction advice

free reflexology chart

What Happens To The Lungs When You Stop Smoking
Acupuncture Depression
Stop Smoking Brighton
Anti Smoking Products
Effects Of Giving Up Smoking
Free Help Kits To Quit Smoking
Acupuncture Free Charts
Smoking Quit Lines
Effects Of Cigarettes Smoking
Quit Smoking Effects

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home